Contractors working for Sydney Metro must first be registered in the Sydney Metro Contractor Management System.
Why a contractor system?
Sydney Metro is committed to improving the skills and competence of our industry and ensuring a qualified workforce. To do this, we have set minimum pre-commencement competency requirements for those working on our sites. We have implemented an online contractor system to ensure the compliance to the Sydney Metro Industry Curriculum (SMIC) of contractors working for us.
By improving the competence of our workforce, the safety, quality, productivity, leadership, and environmental and cultural awareness of our projects will be improved.
How does the system work?
The online system allows contracting companies to register their business details and employees to work for Sydney Metro. As part of this process, company administrators will select the SMIC-defined roles or occupations their employee performs for Sydney Metro, and book the appropriate training, which is completed through TAFE or an RTO.
Pegasus creates services and solutions for contractor engagement and workforce engagement. They are managing the online contractor system on behalf of Sydney Metro.
The complete Pegasus contractor management solution is a real-time online contractor management solution. Onsite:
- provides access to contracting company and individual contractor data
- manages all training and inductions
- administers contractor and supplier compliance and pre-qualification documents
- manages the qualifications and competency, including licences and medicals, of all workers involved in a project
- awards accreditation upon successful completion of inductions and assessments
- provides tools for audit, investigation and inspection of contractors
- offers online and call centre support
- manages contractor performance over term of their contract